Attracting top talent with Make It Tampa Bay
July 18th, 2019
With Tampa Bay’s unemployment level hovering around 3%, finding adequate talent to fill open positions can become a challenge for HR professionals. Attracting talent to the Tampa Bay area has been a priority for the EDC for the last couple of years through our Make It Tampa Bay initiative with partners at Visit Tampa Bay and Hillsborough County.
Our latest evolution of Make It Tampa Bay included an event for local HR professionals to show them how to best utilize the website and campaign in their own recruitment efforts. Nearly 30 HR professionals from some of Tampa Bay’s largest employers like Tampa General Hospital, Florida Blue, Vector Solutions, USAA, and CenterState Bank attended the inaugural event on July 11 at the world headquarters of College Hunks Hauling Junk and Moving.
Attendees heard from College Hunks Co-Founder and CEO Omar Soliman on why he chose to move his company from D.C. to Tampa. Trash Butler COO Roman Cowan discussed his involvement with Make It Tampa Bay and the success he’s achieved with it. The EDC’s Digital Marketing Manager Hussain Shamseddine presented an overview of the Make It Tampa Bay initiative and how to best leverage its tools to recruit top talent.
Interested in how you can incorporate Make It Tampa Bay in your recruitment strategy? Here are the top 5 ways:
- Use the latest rankings, testimonials, cost of living tools and neighborhood profiles from makeittampabay.com in your own marketing materials or partner with us on custom content.
- Add makeittampabay.com along with a custom message to your email signature:
Discover more about living, working and thriving in Tampa Bay at makeittampabay.com
- Follow @makeittampabay on social media for news you can use – and share. Tag us in your own posts and use #MakeItTampaBay. We will share!
- Get more responses for your job listings by featuring them on our Hot Jobs of the Day! Email your “Hot Job” to Hussain Shamseddine at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
- Spotlight a standout millennial employee in our “Meet the Locals” section. Submit a nomination at makeittampabay.com/Talent.
For more information on how you can partner with Make It Tampa Bay, contact Hussain Shamseddine at email@example.com.