New Economic Indicators, Cost of Living Index reports available
January 19, 2016
The EDC’s Marketing Research team has published two new reports chock full of valuable data about Hillsborough County.
The latest Economic Indicators report for November 2015 included the following highlights:
- Unemployment in Hillsborough County declined by 0.2 percentage points since October – from 4.6 percent to 4.4 percent. Hillsborough County’s unemployment continues to remain below the national average (4.8 percent) and the state of Florida (4.8 percent).
- Major Industry Employment; Leisure and Hospitality was up 9.5 percent, Construction was up 8.9 percent, and Education & Health Services were up 6.5 percent year-over-year and month-over-month.
- Building Permits for Single-Family homes in Hillsborough County were up 5.9 percent since last November and up 22.5 percent year-to-date.
- Rental Rates for Multi-Family homes in Hillsborough County continue to climb since last November. Year–over-year rental rates were up 13 percent and up from October this year at 9.5 percent.
- Although Residential Real Estate single-family home sales were down -1.7 percent year-over-year, average sales prices increased 11 percent since last November going from $222,999 to $247,691.
- Tourism was up 20 percent from November 2014, and compared to October this year tourism increased an additional 7 percent.
You can download this report and previously published Economic Indicators reports here.
Another recently published report you may find of interest is the Q3 2015 Cost of Living Index.
Visit our Data Center for more reports and research on Tampa and Hillsborough County.