For more information about international business services, please contact:
International Business Manager
Tampa has a rich history as an international city. Generations ago immigrants from Cuba, Spain, Italy and Germany settled here. Today, the Tampa Bay area is home to 3 million people and it’s still a diverse international community that serves as a gateway for global business.
Nearly 500 foreign-owned companies operate in the Tampa area. Home to the state’s largest port, a top-rated international airport, and a strong talent pipeline, Tampa has the assets required to power the world’s leading corporations.
Why Tampa Bay is appealing to international companies:
- Non-stop air service to more than 90 domestic and international destinations
- Closest deep-water port to the Panama Canal
- Largest port in the state
- 34 million consumers within an 8-hour drive
- Extensive and flexible foreign trade zone network
- Conveniently located on the I-4 warehouse and distribution logistics corridor
- Low business taxes, no state income tax
- Cost of living below the U.S. national average
- Talented and multilingual workforce
- Home to nearly 80 colleges, universities and technical schools with a high percentage of international students
Our team works with international companies seeking to invest and create jobs in the Tampa Bay region. We help them navigate the complexities of choosing the right location, talent and infrastructure within the U.S.
Tampa Bay is a top exporting location within the U.S.
Exporting helps companies increase sales, grow faster, increase profitability, and reduce risk. Through Global Tampa Bay, our regional collaboration effort with Pasco and Pinellas counties, we help local companies increase export sales by organizing trade missions to key international markets and connect them to available resources for export growth.
“The Mexico City mission was first class from start to finish. The quality of the prospect companies we met with and the receptions and events were remarkable. We came away with excellent leads and relationships that will help us make significant inroads in the Mexican market.”
– Michael Ferris, CEO, Abacode
Our international business development team is standing by to help companies looking to enter the U.S. market, as well help local companies increase export sales in foreign markets.
#3 Most Cost-Friendly Business Location Among Large U.S. Cities