For more information on target industries, please contact:
Senior Vice President,
Tampa is quickly becoming a hub for IT companies of all shapes and sizes. According to Dice, Tampa is among the fastest-growing U.S. tech hubs for IT talent. The information technology sector has experienced significant growth over the past five years in the Tampa Bay Region, with a 30 percent jump in job growth, according to recent data from Chmura JobsEQ. This tech industry growth in Tampa is expected to continue, with projections of adding over 3,700 jobs by 2027, for a total growth of 14 percent.
The Sunshine State remains one of the top places for technology job postings nationwide. A recent report by CompTIA, the nonprofit association for the information technology industry and workforce, shows that Florida ranked No. 4 in the nation for job postings. Tampa was among the top metros with the biggest tech job postings change with 3,148 job postings in April, a 210 increase from the previous month.
The region is home to Cyber Florida, a first-of-its-kind, shared resource that aims to make Florida the national leader in the emerging and critical field of cybersecurity. USF is also the first among Florida’s 12 public universities to offer a bachelor’s degree in cybersecurity, one of the country’s fastest growing industries.
Learn more about the local IT workforce, educational partners and programs, and ecosystem in our industry overview.
- Over the past five years, the Information Technology industry grew by 30% (based on job growth) – Chmura JobsEQ
- By 2027, the IT industry is projected to add more than 3,700 more jobs for a growth of 14% – Chmura JobsEQ
- Tampa among top 10 fastest growing U.S. tech hubs for IT talent – Dice, 2022
- Florida #2 for tech job growth in 2021 – CompTIA, 2022
- Tampa #1 emerging tech city in the U.S. – Forbes, 2021
- Tampa Bay ranks #6 for tech worker relocations – LinkedIn, 2021
- Leading IT jobs: Software Developers and Applications, Computer User Support Specialists, Computer Systems Analysts, Network and Computer Systems Administrators
- Leading IT companies: Accusoft, AgileThought, Avanade, ConnectWise, Drift, Greenway Health, Nielsen, OPSWAT, Rapid7, ReliaQuest, Syniverse
“Not only does Tampa have access to students from schools like University of South Florida, University of Tampa and Eckerd College, but in the past five years, tech-related jobs in the Tampa Bay area were up 27.6% and the city has been rated as one of the top places to start a career. We’re excited to capitalize on this pipeline of talent and are committed to investing in the future of the Tampa Bay area.”
– David Cancel, Founder and CEO, Drift
A thriving entrepreneurial scene is also taking shape with a network of incubators and resources working together to provide well-rounded support for homegrown companies.
Tampa #2 fastest growing tech salary by city
Dice Tech Salary Report, 2023