For more information on target industries, please contact:
FINANCIAL & PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
Widely considered the “Wall Street of the South,” the financial and professional services industry is the fastest-growing sector in the Tampa metro area with year-over-year employment gains. Nearly one in four business and information services firms in Florida are located here.
For more than 40 years, Tampa and Hillsborough County, with our business-friendly community, low cost of doing business, and talented labor force, have offered a competitive advantage to traditional financial centers of New York, Chicago, and Boston. Today, many of the nation’s leading corporations in banking, finance and insurance not only still call Tampa Bay home but are also expanding by leaps and bounds.
Companies like USAA, Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation, MetLife, Citi, and TransferWise continue to widen their footprint in Tampa by creating more jobs, adding office space and expanding operations.
- Tampa MSA employs more than 342,000 in the financial and professional services sector
- As the fastest growing industry segment in the Tampa Bay metropolitan area, our financial and professional services had a five-year employment gain of 13.9%, adding over 30,300 jobs with an average annual workforce of 248,500 by the end 2019
- Employment in the Finance sector remained strong during 2020 despite Covid-19
- 10% of the nation’s Fortune 50 and nine percent of the Fortune 100 companies’ shared services operations are located here
- Leading financial and professional services in Tampa Bay: Baker McKenzie, Citi, DTCC, Fisher Investments, Frank Recruitment Group, JP Morgan Chase, MetLife, PwC, Sykes Enterprises, TransferWise, USAA
In the legal space, talent is the most coveted asset. So when Baker McKenzie made the decision to locate our North American Center in Tampa Bay, it was predicated on the accessibility of diverse & skilled talent across a multitude of business and legal disciplines. The Tampa Center provides all aspects of business support for Baker McKenzie’s 77 offices around the world, and we are benefiting from the fact that Tampa Bay is attracting highly competent professionals from large cities, both domestic and international, at an unprecedented rate. This, combined with the robust local educational system, captured not only our attention, but that of several Fortune 1000 companies.
– Jamie Lawless, Executive Director, Tampa Center, Baker McKenzie
Financial and accounting occupations saw 9% job growth between 2015-2020. (Source: Chmura JobsEQ, Q2 2020)