For more information about the local distribution & logistics industry, please contact:
Senior Vice President,
DISTRIBUTION & LOGISTICS
Due to an extensive interstate network, there are more than 34 million consumers within an eight-hour drive of Tampa and Hillsborough County. Our world-class airport, deep-water sea port, convenient access to a network of rail and interstate highway systems, and a thriving manufacturing industry makes our county a prime location for distribution and logistics centers.
Florida recently topped more than 21.7 million residents so the need for trucks to travel in and out of the state to deliver a variety of goods remains high. Intensifying that need is the fact that Florida leads the nation in net migration. And according to a recent Redfin report, Tampa ranked fifth in the nation for net inflow of new residents in 2021.
Recently, commercial real estate brokerage firm Colliers International ranked the I-4 corridor as one of the fastest-growing industrial markets in the U.S. A growing list of national distributors, warehouse distribution, and third-party logistics providers have announced recent expansions in Hillsborough County, including Integrity Express Logistics, BlueGrace Logistics, Total Quality Distribution, Coca-Cola Beverages Florida, Ace Hardware, The Home Depot and Amazon.
Learn more about the local distribution and logistics workforce, educational partners and programs, and ecosystem in our industry overview.
- Nearly 5 million people living along the I-4 corridor
- Top-rated airport average 215 daily departures
- $160+ million worth of goods flow through Florida’s ports and airports each year
- Local manufacturing industry boasts more than 2,800 companies
- Tampa’s leading distribution companies: Total Quality Logistics, Integrity Express Logistics, Quality Distribution, Amazon, Gordon Food Services, BlueGrace Logistics, Ace Hardware, The Home Depot
Third party logistics providers are also experiencing growth in the area. For example, Integrity Express Logistics recently expanded its regional Tampa office with plans to hire 50 new employees in order to accommodate significant growth.
“We’ve experienced significant growth over the last several years. We have found an excellent talent pool in Tampa and are confident we can build the team to support our expansion.”
– Pete Ventura, partner with Integrity Express Logistics
Tampa Bay named one of the top 10 industrial markets in the U.S.